Thursday, August 30, 2012

30 Day Clothing Challenge~Day 5: Your Favorite Pair of Jeans

Jeans are pretty much a staple in my closet. I would love to wear more skirts and dresses, but I really don't have the money to buy them at the moment. Also, let's be realistic. I wake up at 5 to go to school every day. More often than not I have lazy days. Which require a band shirt and jeans. Of course, that's not to say they have to be boring jeans! True, I normally grab a pair of plain black skinnies, but I have more interesting ones for the days I feel like trying to match things.

Stripes!

These are my I'm-going-to-channel-Beetleguise-pants. They were $10! Far more interesting than my day to day jeans and $20 cheaper! They were down to two pairs on the clearance rack so I was awfully lucky that they had my size. Sometimes it's nice to have extremely long legs ^^

Now I need some advice. I was playing around with my camera and took some pictures. In a few of them my hair ended up looking white.


I've always loved white hair and seeing my hair like this makes me desperately want to dye it that color. The problem with that is, in order to get white hair I'd have to bleach it. It's my understanding that once you bleach hair it blows out the cuticle and makes it much harder for it to retain another color. I know I want to dye my hair black in the near-ish future. But if I went white it would take a really long time to regain my natural color and lots of color correction. (Because if I went black from white it would probably turn gray). What do you guys think? Should I just go for it? Or abandon my desire for white hair and just go straight to my desire for black?

9 comments:

  1. This is the absolute best time to try going white, since your hair color is so close and you currently have no dyes clogging up the pores of your hair.

    http://www.wikihow.com/Get-White-Hair

    This link summarizes the best way to safely dye white hair, and how to counteract any color issues that may come with it.

    Go with white for the Fall season, and then go dark for Winter and the holidays. White hair on Halloween will be so cool and you'll definitely stand out more than everyone with temporary black dyes and or wigs. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely leaning towards the white hair idea. I just know that I'll have to make sure I have enough money to fix my hair later if I must in order to change color. My normal hair stylist doesn't want to bleach my hair, but she'll do it if I ask so we'll see ^^

      Delete
  2. Instead of bleaching just use a conditioning toner. Most of the time with hair as light are yours already you don't have to bleach. If you're worried about going back to black try use a red toned black, because the red pigment is missing from your hair. Or use a red dye and then a black dye. Sometimes you can get away with just black dye and it's work. It all depends on the hair. :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good idea! I use a shampoo with toner in it right now to keep it lighter, but I don't think it's too strong. I'll go look for a more effective one and maybe that'll do the trick :) If not, I can turn to dyeing once I've tried it.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm thinking I will! I just got my hair cut, so I'll have to wait a little bit, but if Sary's toner suggestion doesn't work I think I'll dye it. After all, it's just hair. It grows back! XD

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Awwww thank you so much! I'll get to it in a few days after I do my post for Sophistique Noir's monthly theme ^^

      Delete